Strattera is used for treating attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Strattera is a selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI). Exactly how Strattera works to treat ADHD is not known. Strattera increases certain chemicals (eg, norepinephrine) in the brain. This may affect attention span and behavior.
Use Strattera as directed by your doctor.
- Take Strattera by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Swallow Strattera whole. Do not crush, chew, or open the capsules.
- Taking Strattera at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
- Continue to take Strattera even if you feel well. Do not miss any dose.
- If you miss a dose of Strattera, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Strattera.
Store Strattera at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Strattera out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Atomoxetine HCl.